HEADS-UP: from now do new deprecations in KF API by *_DEPRECATED_* macros only using upcoming version number

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Nov 6 15:56:56 GMT 2019

Am Mittwoch, 6. November 2019, 16:13:28 CET schrieb David Edmundson:
> >Any chance this is about KGamma and you ran clazy with a Qt 5.14 copy
> >locally?
> It was!

Okay :) So no new holes to fix then discovered.

> >So here repeating the recommendation done by a few, which project
> >maintainers
> should pick up:
>
> That recommendation makes sense. I'll take it to Plasma.

I recommend to then also remove the "planned-breakage-for-developers-only"
wrapping
if (EXISTS "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/.git")
to make sure everywhere the same deprecated API visibility exists.
Also is that guard no longer needed, as this was used in pair with the
0x060000 visibility limit, to make developers bump fully into any new
deprecations, as some seem to prefer (while I would recommend otherwise).

Cheers
Friedrich