D25123: [WIP] New yakuake logo/icon

Mariusz Glebocki noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 4 03:18:09 GMT 2019

mglb added a comment.

  In D25123#558205 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25123#558205>, @ndavis wrote:

  > I tried seeing how it would look extended down to the bottom margin: F7728707: Screenshot_20191103_135015.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7728707>

  Breaking nice-looking proportions just to fill vertical space is not good IMO. Making the bar a bit higher might make it look more reasonably. Your second proposition (icon C) looks nice though.
  I agree with vertical alignment - I'll fix it.

  In D25123#558205 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25123#558205>, @ndavis wrote:

  > If not that, should we allow some icons to not reach all the way to the top and bottom margins? There are already some icons like that, but that doesn't necessarily mean we should want that.

  Note that size is perceived differently on different shapes - compare e.g. square and circle - with the same logical sizes, circle looks smaller (Breeze has this problem).
  The icon C is 48px wide (44px when counting only the screen), so 36px (38px with "handle" on the bottom) height makes its sizes visually similar to 40x40px square icons.

  The same applies for alignment (see e.g. plasmadiscover.svg), but that shouldn't be a problem here.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons