D24443: Add a plugin system

Nicolas Fella noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 3 22:32:58 GMT 2019

nicolasfella added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dvratil wrote in calendarentry.h:57
> I would move `sync()` from here to be a virtual method on the plugin - `sync(const CalendarEntry::Ptr &)`. The implementations would reimplement it to handle sync, which feels cleaner than having to connect to `syncRequested()` signal on each calendar that the plugin owns, and it decouples data (calendar) from logic (plugin).

I decided to make it a virtual member of CalendarEntry because that simplifies the implementation in calindori. This way it's enough to keep track of the entries, otherwise I'd need to keep track of the plugins too. Also this allows for more fine-grained sync, interesting for large numbers of calendars that are expensive to sync

> dvratil wrote in calendarplugin.h:39
> Unused?

My idea was to be able to add a d-ptr later if needed without breaking ABI