D25119: KF5::BreezeIcons shared library to have all breeze/breeze-dark icons and default to breeze icons set

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Nov 3 18:03:52 GMT 2019

cullmann added a comment.

  As soon as we use the rcc file for the icons, we set an icon theme name.

  If you have an icon theme name set, QIcon::fromTheme will do:

    bool hasUserTheme = QIconLoader::instance()->hasUserTheme();
    QIconEngine * const engine = (platformTheme && !hasUserTheme) ? platformTheme->createIconEngine(name)
                                               : new QIconLoaderEngine(name);

  This IMHO means no longer KIconLoader will be used at all.
  (On Windows it will never be used, as the platform theme doesn't use it there anyways I assume)

  But yes, packaging Breeze Dark icons in addition will not help to fix this :/

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons