Re: KSyntaxHighlighting: My changes to data files don’t seem to affect test outputs

Adrian Chaves adrian at chaves.io
Fri Nov 1 10:34:42 GMT 2019

> What does `ldd build/bin/syntax/testhighlighter_test` tell you?

[adrian at pondal build]$ ldd bin/testhighlighter_test | grep
libKF5SyntaxHighlighting.so.5
libKF5SyntaxHighlighting.so.5 =>
/home/adrian/proxectos/syntax-highlighting/build/bin/libKF5SyntaxHighlighting.so.5
(0x00007f40a3710000)

> What, if you first source build/prefix.sh?

Tried rm -rf build && mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make -j8 &&
source prefix.sh && make test

The contents of build/autotests/html.output/highlight.rst.html still do
not reflect my changes to data/syntax/rest.xml :(

On the other hand, I’ve copied data/syntax/rest.xml into
/usr/share/org.kde.syntax-highlighting/syntax/rest.xml and confirmed
that the tests are picking up the file at
/usr/share/org.kde.syntax-highlighting/syntax/rest.xml instead of
data/syntax/rest.xml.