D18904: [FileCopyJob] Clean up after file copy operation is cancelled

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 6 22:04:28 GMT 2019

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added a comment.

  Withdrawing my approval, after realizing that this is missing the "enough free space at destination" check.
  Imagine a 5GB partition with a 4GB file on it. You want to copy another version of that 4GB file onto it. Old implementation: it works. New implementation: we start copying 1GB into a .part file, then it fails (out of space), and then IIUC we finally do the right thing and overwrite the file. Right? So it ends up working, but it's much slower than it should behave. This could be improved with a free space check, right?

INLINE COMMENTS

> filecopyjob.cpp:479
> +    if (job == d->m_copyJob) {
> +        d->m_bFileWriteInProgress = false;
> +    }

"file write" sounds like putJob, which isn't what this is about.

I guess this should be called d->m_bFileCopyInProgress instead.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO