D22102: Implement apply-on-double-click for all grid view KCM delegates

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 30 16:45:10 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D22102#488388 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22102#488388>, @pino wrote:

  > While I can understand that clicking can be "annoying", OTOH I consider all the KCMs you mentioned as "mostly once" configuration items: you generally configure the color/wallpaper/icons/etc when you start using Plasma, and then you almost never go back to change these configurations again. Maybe my perspective is limited, however I do not see e.g. an icon KCM used more than once per month (even stretching things a bit), so using them often is not a "common case".
  >  Sure, I agree that 20 clicks for trying a wallpaper might be "slow", although most probably you have configured it within 10 minutes...

  Sure, if your mental model of the Appearance configuration KCMs is "set it once and forget about it forever", then having a slightly slow workflow isn't a problem. But if your workflow is different, then it is a problem. Some people like trying out new things and change the appearance settings regularly. Some people like to manually change their wallpapers every few days. Some people are Plasma developers and need to test patches with multiple color schemes/widget themes/wallpapers/etc on a regular basis. Etc.

  Right now these KCMs are not catering very well to people with these workflows. These people may not be the common case, but the common case is a person who never looks in these KCMs at all because they are satisfied with the defaults. The people who use this configurability at all are probably likely to adjust the settings quite a bit and on a semi-regular basis.

REPOSITORY
  R296 KDeclarative