D22083: introduce concept of header and footer for kpageview

Hugo Pereira Da Costa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 28 10:25:11 BST 2019

hpereiradacosta added a comment.

  ather simple and attached. Feel free to add this or something similar to any other modification you plan to do. F6938398: patch.diff <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6938398>

  > Thank you very much Hugo.. that pixel was driving me mad ;)
  >  Do you want to push it yourself or I just include it in the breeze modifications I'll do for the sidebar style?

  Well, it turns out that things are more complicated than anticipated. (it always is, right ?)
  As long as the sidebar is kept "transparent", the patch works. Now if you put back the sidebar background to its original white, it does not. Reason is that the viewport now coincides completely with the frame, and its background overlaps the left side vertical line. Result: the side vertical line is only visible as long as you keep the viewport transparent.
  So all in all: the patch goes in the right direction for what you intend to do ultimately but needs refinement.
  In the current code, the margins are (1,1,1,1). With my patch they are (0,0,0,0), and ultimately what you want is (0,0,0,1) or (0,1,0,0), depending on RTL.
  I'll try to investigate some more to fix this overlap issue, and then will submit a PR

REPOSITORY
  R236 KWidgetsAddons