D22082: WIP Add an ioslave to access KActivityStat data

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 26 07:58:56 BST 2019

meven added a comment.

  In D22082#486782 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22082#486782>, @ivan wrote:

  > I'd add support for `HighScoredFirst` and `RecentlyCreatedFirst`. Maybe the protocol could be something like "used:/" or something.

  Adding sorting options is on my todo-list, I also need a way to enforce this ordering in dolphin, perhaps this will be code in dolphin and will be specific to this ioslave.

  used:/ this to me like a great suggestion. I will probably update the code to this.

  @ivan Should it be in kio-extras, or do you feel it is fine in kactivities-stats repo ?

  > It should also support getting items for the current activity, or all recently used items.

  Yep, it kinda does already, just need to support the "global" special case.

  I am putting this in planned changes for now, because I have a few things to take care of before it is worth reviewing in depth :

  - documentation
  - ResultWatcher and KDirNotify : notify ioslaves users when the content as soon as some new content has arrived
  - dolphin must follow sorting of ioslave rather than the one from the files/directories
  - needs to check it works with smb nfs sftp differently mounted, needs to avoid displaying files on no mounted-drives, and other network-fs related checks

  By the way KAcitivityStats library is quite nice to use :)

REPOSITORY
  R159 KActivities Statistics