D15739: [Places panel] Don't show Root by default

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 24 14:18:46 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D15739#485978 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15739#485978>, @fvogt wrote:

  > Well, the only mount of interest is the overlay mount of /, which is not backed by any (block) device but rather by two filesystems. AFAICT udisks doesn't care about this kind of mount, not sure what solid does.
  >
  > Showing an overlay mount as "Device" is also somewhat wrong IMO.

  I'm saying that regardless of the technical details of the backend, it never makes sense to not show any devices. From the user's perspective, there is always a device of some sort, regardless of its underlying configuration. There can't not be a device. That doesn't make sense; software requires hardware.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO