D7446: [Places panel] Revamp the Recently Saved section

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 24 12:11:10 BST 2019

meven added a comment.

  After some discussion, we realized we have three different sets of "recent documents" backends :

  - recentdocument ioslave using KDirWatch that miss accessed dir and files (used in places)
  - baloo's timeline ioslave using baloo extractor, that requires baloo but has indexing and filtering capatibilities (used in places)
  - kactivities-stats that has activity context, and works for modified or accessed files, but that has no ioslave (used in kickoff and kicker)

  It appears kactivities-stats has the best feature set compare to recentdocuments.

  So my plan is to create a kacitity-stats "recentdocuments" ioslave and overwrite current recentdocumenst ioslave with it.
  And then used this primarly in dolphin/kfilewidgets with baloo still optionally around for its advanced features.

  CC @davidedmundson @kbroulik

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO