D22022: Downgrade "Could not change permissions" dialog box to a qWarning

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 23 11:00:28 BST 2019

dfaure created this revision.
dfaure added reviewers: chinmoyr, ngraham, maltek.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
dfaure requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  We already silenced that annoying messagebox for filesystems like
  VFAT, NTFS, SMBFS etc. But it still happens in more tricky cases like
  copying to a VirtualBox shared folder when the host is Windows
  (i.e. this is NTFS but we can't know, mtab just says vboxsf,
  and with a Linux host, vboxsf does support chmod).

  All other similar warnings (chown/chgrp/utime failing) also just
  lead to a qWarning, no point in annoying the user about this since
  he/she can't do anything about it anyway.

  In addition at the filesystem level chmod(2) doesn't even fail anymore
  these days on VFAT/NTFS, it just fails silently.

TEST PLAN
  Not really, since I couldn't actually get that warning on a native
  Linux system, due to the last point above.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  master