D21907: Show feedback inline when creating new files or folders

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 19 17:15:05 BST 2019

ngraham created this revision.
ngraham added reviewers: VDG, Frameworks, shubham.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
ngraham requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Right now, the new file/folder dialog allows you to give it an invalid name, and
  afterwards it will show you a dialog window complaining at you. This is not very
  user-friendly, and becomes more user-unfriendly if we want to use it to show
  warnings rather than errors. Finally it doesn't scale well because as we add more
  conditions to check for, we'll need to add more dialog windows.

  This patch implements the name feedback/warning/error inline in the original name
  dialog itself, and disables the OK button for invalid names.

  This patch obsoletes D18384 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18384>, D18563 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18563>, and D18599 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18599>.

TEST PLAN
  F6915347: Peek 2019-06-19 17-59.gif <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6915347>

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  better-new-file-folder-info (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  src/filewidgets/knewfilemenu.cpp