D21656: Create a breeze icon for kfourinline

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 14 00:08:07 BST 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  I just tried the patch on my own computer and I noticed a few more things that need to be changed:

  - The canvas size is 128x128 px when it should be 48x48
  - Strokes need to be converted to paths ( [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [c] ). Strokes don't always look correct in various SVG renderers, including the Qt renderer.
  - I see you added a shadow inside the darker blue rim, but while you can do that, there also needs to be a 1px high shadow on the very bottom for it to match the HIG.
    - There are some exceptions, but they are not common (or the icon creator and reviewers just forgot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ).
  - The top left and bottom right corners are not aligned to the grid:

  F6888034: Screenshot_20190613_182219.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6888034>
  F6888038: Screenshot_20190613_182302.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6888038>

  Suggestions regarding the colors:

  - I think the icon would be more recognizable if the board had a darker color instead of a lighter color. The board itself could use a gradient, but I assume you're still planning to add that.
  - For the indentations, I think they would look more natural if their colors were based on the board's colors rather than the pieces' colors.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons