D21760: Add KListOpenFiles::listProcessesWithOpenFiles

David Hallas noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 12 10:29:11 BST 2019

hallas added a comment.

  First of, this is WIP, I just wanted to share this early to get some feedback. The reasoning for this is to generalize functionality for running `lsof`, this is currently in use by the Device Notifier applet and I would like to use it in Dolphin to fix bug #189302. Also see the discussion in D19989 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19989> for details.

INLINE COMMENTS

> klistopenfilestest.cpp:31
> +
> +void KListOpenFilesTest::testOpenFiles()
> +{

Most of these tests wont work on Windows, so I need to fix that

> klistopenfiles.cpp:49
> +    });
> +    p->start(QStringLiteral("lsof"), {QStringLiteral("-t"), QStringLiteral("+d"), path.path()});
> +}

What should we do for Windows? Do we support any other platforms that doesn't have lsof?

> klistopenfiles.h:40
> + */
> +KCOREADDONS_EXPORT void listProcessesWithOpenFiles(QDir path, Callback callback);
> +

I am very much in doubt about what a nice interface for this should be? I was thinking of an alternative approach where you would instantiate a class, connect to a signal on the class and then invoke a method to start the listing process, you would then receive the result on a slot instead. What do you guys think?

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons