KNewStuff problem - GSOC 2019

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Tue Jun 11 09:54:19 BST 2019

Dear Ferencz,

  If you've got downloading working (that is, if you can initialise a
KNSCore::Engine or KNewStuff::Button or the like with a knsrc file with the
appropriate categories without an error), then your category should be working
fine. If your category does not alredy exist on the KDE Store, you will need
to request its creation by filing a task at the Store workoard[1].
  Another part of what you're encountering is a systemic issue in the KDE
Store, which currently does not support upload through KNewStuff (in short:
there was no way to control what did the uploading, and so it became a huge
vector for spam and it had to be disabled). We need to work out ways of
handling this, but for now i'm afraid upload is not going to work.
  On the note of insufficient documentation, please make note of the locations
where the documentation is not good enough, and we can work on sorting that
out. Basically, if you can give us some hints on what you're missing, we can
get under way with fixing that deficiency :)
  Hope that's at least a bit useful...

[1] https://phabricator.kde.org/project/board/146/

--
..dan / leinir..