D21002: Remove kde4 migration agent completely

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 10 11:46:12 BST 2019

aacid added a comment.

  I'm pretty sure there's people there still using KDE4 (real life scenario: my father) (almost real life scenario: i know the Limux people were  planning a migration from kde4 to Plasma 5, not sure if it already happened or not though).

  Eventually he'll move to a KF5 based distro, it'd be cool if he would still be able to enjoy a migration.

  Can we still have the migration code without the issues it cause?

  Is it too much work?

  > When the migration fails (e.g. because kwalletd(4) is not installed), the migration is attempted on each start.

  Maybe it's just the case of doing "kdewalled4 is not installed we can't do the migration, mark it as done"?

  OTOH i guess that when my father updates the new distro won't have kdewallet4 either, so it's not that it's going to be useful for the migration for him.

  Oh well, feel free to read and ignore this rambling :D

REPOSITORY
  R311 KWallet