D21607: Don't delay emission of matchesChanged indefinitely

Fabian Vogt noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 5 17:45:04 BST 2019

fvogt added a comment.

  In D21607#474771 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21607#474771>, @fvogt wrote:

  > I'm thinking about doing it completely differently now though, with a 0 latency case (untested):
  >
  >   if(lastMatchChangeSignalled.hasExpired(250)) {
  >       matchChangeTimer.stop();
  >       emit q->matchesChanged(context.matches());
  >   } else {
  >       matchChangeTimer.start(250 - lastMatchChangeSignalled.elapsed());
  >   }

  Just tried this and it's not too bad, but a noticable change in behaviour. As results are shown basically immediately once they're available, it's now visible how the entries are filled.

  So for the stable branches I'd like to keep the current version of the diff with a latency of [100,599] while for master something like the above with a latency of [0,500] can be tried.

REPOSITORY
  R308 KRunner