D21583: [FilteredDirIterator] Combine all suffixes into one large RegExp

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 5 00:01:32 BST 2019

bruns added a comment.

  In D21583#474266 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21583#474266>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Would it be make more sense to just have a single file type regex in the config file rather than parsing the existing data and re-processing it in the code?

  The config is quite messy in this regard - there are actually two distinct filters in the sources, one for directories and one for files. Currently, both are fed into the same regex, and both are merged into one config key. Also, the config does not diffferentiate between filters deleted from the defaults, or filters added to the defaults, everything is flattened into one config key. This makes config updates quite problematic.

  I think having file globs in the config is fine, converting these into regexes wouldn' t be a benefit. Converting the globs into regexes is a insignificant overhead, it is just an implementation detail. Doing the conversion in a low overhead way is nice, but out of scope for the config file syntax.

  Ideally, the filter were "default - deleted + added", instead of a flattened list (the config would only save deleted and added filters). File globs are sufficient here.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo