D12992: New elisa icon

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 28 11:34:58 BST 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  In D12992#503172 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12992#503172>, @KonqiDragon wrote:

  > In D12992#269399 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12992#269399>, @abetts wrote:
  >
  > > I think we are trying hard to accommodate and the elements are not lending themselves to turn them into an E with some musical tones. I reviewed a few music sheets looking for commonalities. I feel also that the icon is busy, it is trying really hard to tell you that this app is about music. I feel we can simplify and provide other ideas.
  > >
  > > Here is a proposal. Not final. I welcome feedback. The idea here is to show soundwaves instead.
  > >
  > > F5872565: Elisa Long Form.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5872565>
  >

  > The colors must match to HIG <https://hig.kde.org/style/color/default.html>? I don't understand why KDE Applications have a logos in different styles. We do not have complete unify KDE style.

  There aren't enough colors in the HIG to really match the HIG consistently, it just needs to look similar to other icons in the breeze-icons repository.

  The rest seems unrelated to the Elisa icon. Project home pages tend not to update their logos very often and Kdenlive's icons are fine as they are. The website version is just a simple style for branding and the breeze-icons version has a dark background behind the other parts to give it some contrast with different colorschemes. I don't think it's absolutely necessary that projects have their logos be exactly the same as their Breeze icons. They just need to be obviously similar.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons