D22510: Added dialog to set execute permission for executable file when trying to run it.

Marcin DÅ‚ubakowski noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 17 16:02:49 BST 2019

mdlubakowski added a comment.

  In D22510#496804 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22510#496804>, @ngraham wrote:

  > If the use case you're targeting is specifically AppImage files, it might make sense to coordinate with upstream, where they're working on ways to improve this: https://github.com/AppImage/appimaged/issues/30. There's a small helper called AppImageLauncher that can do this automatically, so I'm not sure it makes sense to use KRun for it. @probono?

  My personal target was both ELFs and AppImages, since by default they just open the dialog to choose how to open them, but this patch should benefit anyone who uses executables that inherit from application/*

  In D22510#496810 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22510#496810>, @broulik wrote:

  > Doesn't AppImageLauncher take care of this? When I download an AppImage, I click on it in Dolphin and I get prompted whether to integrate it or run once.

  I must admit, I didn't know about this. It would have made my life easier. I was a little annoyed about the default behavior and decided to change it.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO