D18379: Add tools icon

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 19 14:47:32 GMT 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  In D18379#396432 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18379#396432>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Very nice! Just what I had in mind. Do we really need a 32px version though?

  A number of icons start with `tools-`, which means that this icon is the last fallback option. It could end up being seen in non-KDE apps, so I want to make sure I've covered my bases with the sizes.

  > I thought we were trying to move towards all ≥ 32px icons being colorful, and not using the 32px size for action icons?

  I was not aware of us deciding not to use 32px for action icons. I'm not necessarily opposed to that idea, but it raises a number of questions about what to do with our own apps. For instance, should Okular start using color icons for its sidebar buttons when the icon size is set to Normal or Large and continue using monochrome icons for Small?

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons

BRANCH
  tools-icon (branched from master)