KDE file dialog column resize no longer possible?

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 14:38:09 GMT 2019

Kai Uwe Broulik wrote:

> Yes, to ensure sane default sizing of the columns, especially as you
> resize the dialog, which were often too narrow or too wide or otherwise
> unfitting.

Hmm, where? Could have been made optional as they were indeed often not the
appropriate size and while I haven't seen them being far too wide for some time
now I don't really see why they would now always be sized fittingly...
In fact, I came asking here because one of my KDevelop dialogs is now all of a
sudden way too wide in its entirety.

Supposing there's a new algorithm which works better than the old shouldn't that
also be the case if you allow resizing of the columns afterwards?

R.