D17816: Support for xattrs on kio copy/move

funkybomber noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 4 12:44:03 GMT 2019

funkybomber added a comment.

  Hello, and thanks to everyone involved for working on this! If I am not too late to the discussion, I would also like to point out that another instance when we lose xattr attributes (tags, comments, rating) is when we open a file in Kate or KWrite and then we save it.

  Test case:

  1. create a "testfile.txt"
  2. add a tag to the file
  3. open the file with Kate or KWrite and add some text
  4. save the file
  5. the tag that we added in step 2 is gone!

  I suspect that the reason this happens is that Kate and KWrite probably create a copy of the original file, but without including the xattr data from the original file.

  Perhaps the new KIO copy that is being implemented will address this scenario as well? If that is the case, then I will release the bounty @cochise once I see it working in KDE Neon Developer edition!

  Looking forward to it!

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO