D19255: WIP: Alternate approach to D19253

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 24 20:16:22 GMT 2019

romangg added a comment.

  In D19255#418729 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19255#418729>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > > Maybe add a TODO comment on merge to the setLogicalSize (that it does not handle the size plus scale change correctly in every case).
  >
  > Can you expand on what you mean?

  I thought we discussed this problem already in the other diff. Example:

  Single 4K Monitor is used in 1080p with 1 times scaling: logical size is 1080p
  Now an atomic change comes of: Resolution set to 4K, scaling factor to 2. This triggers a wl_output::done event, but the logical size stays the same, i.e. not necessary set the dirty bit.

  I just realize with our current KWin/KWayland code, which has to set the logical size on every pixelSize and scale change we do not have this problem at the moment, but later if we want to send only one done event per atomic configuration change a single wl_output::done event might be generated but not the respective xdg_output::done event.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland

BRANCH
  master