D16579: Fix APE tag extraction

James Smith noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Feb 21 03:30:32 GMT 2019

smithjd added a comment.

  I realise that with all the fields referenced here having at least one standard fieldname parsed now that complaining may seem to be flogging a dead horse, but I'd like to re-iterate that identically-purposed fields should not be encouraged. This is at best a specialized re-purposing that really shouldn't be. Maintaining a branch / fork for this is probably appropriate.

  Lastly, I'd also like to point out the TagLib documentation, that specifically mentions a conversion from 'Album Artist' in 'AlbumArtist' for compatibility with other tags: https://taglib.org/api/classTagLib_1_1APE_1_1Tag.html#af77a10659fbb0018228420ad6de501e1. 'Disc' is also converted from APE, but you have to dig into the code to find this: https://github.com/taglib/taglib/blob/master/taglib/ape/apetag.cpp#L211

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData