D19098: Add PropertyMap to QVariantMap conversion function using names

Alexander Stippich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Feb 19 21:01:38 GMT 2019

astippich added a comment.

  In D19098#414973 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19098#414973>, @bruns wrote:

  > In D19098#414729 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19098#414729>, @astippich wrote:
  >
  > > It already does at two different places, because it fuses different information into a single QMap later on (xattr, file size etc...)
  > >  https://phabricator.kde.org/source/baloo-widgets/browse/master/src/extractor.cpp$65
  > >  https://phabricator.kde.org/source/baloo-widgets/browse/master/src/filefetchjob.cpp$62
  >

  > This can be done by using a KFM::PropertyMap directly, and adding property types for the UserMetaData (tags, comment, rating). Note, the strings returned by PropertyInfo::name() are not shared ...

  It is not only xattr, also everything from kfileitems{group,size,owner...}. Adding these as property with no users in KFileMetaData does not seem clean.
  Also, you would have to construct the properties from the name. Why not use the names directly then? Changing everything to a PropertyMap requires a rewrite of large parts, and I certainly will not rewrite baloo-widgets right now.
  This is just for a small cleanup.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData