D18986: [breeze-icons] Add video camera icons

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 13 21:51:35 GMT 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  For the color icon:
  Avoid using the plasma logo unnecessarily. In existing device icons that use it (I want to move away from using it), it's usually placed where a brand logo would go on a real product.

  Just so I can have an idea about how your design works, could you explain why you chose to use certain parts?

  - The top and bottom outlines

  - The blue patch on the side

  ​

  In D18986#411690 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18986#411690>, @rooty wrote:

  > I just thought it looked nicer with rounded corners. Do you want me to change them back to regular rectangles?

  Yes. The roundness won't be very visible anyway. If you think it doesn't look nice with sharp edges, usually adding some extra details or circular/partially circular bit helps. For instance, you could add a curved handle to the top. Your icon looks like a camcorder and lots of those have handles.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons