D16735: Implement text_input_unstable_v3

Vlad Zagorodniy noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Feb 8 14:29:37 GMT 2019

zzag added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> test_text_input.cpp:545-548
> +    QFETCH(bool, clientCommits);
> +    if (clientCommits) {
> +        textInput->commit();
> +    }

Personal opinion: tests have to be easy to follow, it's okay if we copy some code. I'd prefer to have a specialized test, e.g. testSurroundingTextV3.

> test_text_input.cpp:1001
> +
> +    QTest::newRow("UnstableV3") << TextInputInterfaceVersion::UnstableV3;
> +}

If there is only one row, we don't need _data().

> textinput.h:122
> +     * of the surrounding text or cursor position.
> +     */
> +    enum class ChangeCause : uint32_t {

**/

> textinput_p.h:83
> +    /**
> +     * Creates a new TextInputManagerUnstableV0.
> +     * Note: after constructing the TextInputManagerUnstableV0 it is not yet valid and one needs

V3?

> textinput_interface_v3.cpp:137-140
> +        /*
> +         * Pending data can only be amended when the interface
> +         * is (about to be) enabled.

Please use single line comments instead.

> textinput_interface_v3.cpp:428
> +
> +namespace {
> +static TextInputInterface::ChangeCause waylandCauseToKWayland(zwp_text_input_v3_change_cause wlCause)

We don't need this namespace because waylandCauseToKWayland is static.

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland