D26122: Add utility text function KShell::tildeCollapse

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 23 13:40:01 GMT 2019

meven added a comment.

  In D26122#581717 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26122#581717>, @apol wrote:

  > I might be missing something, explaining why it's necessary would be useful for the commit log as well as for lost reviewers like me.

  I replaced my first use case by KFilePlacesModel::closestItem.

  The use case is to avoid redundant code doing this over and over just like KShell::tildeExpand does :

  plasma-desktop/kcms/kfontinst/lib/Misc.cpp:391
  plasma-desktop/kcms/baloo/filteredfoldermodel.cpp:50
  plasma-workspace/runners/baloo/baloosearchrunner.cpp:176
  plasma-workspace/libnotificationmanager/job_p.cpp:120
  solid/src/solid/devices/backends/fstab/fstabdevice.cpp:61

REPOSITORY
  R244 KCoreAddons

BRANCH
  master