D26000: [Plasma Dialog] Use QXcbWindowFunctions for setting window types Qt WindowFlags don't knows

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 15 15:25:18 GMT 2019

davidedmundson accepted this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  I think we need to look at our direction of KWindowSystem long term, but in terms of what actually happens this makes complete sense.

  Better to set the right type once, than to constantly set and reset the same thing, sending garbage data over the wire.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dialog.cpp:728
> +                case Dialog::Normal:
> +                    Q_UNREACHABLE();
> +                    break;

Personally, I prefer Q_ASSERT + return as you get to catch when a future mistake happens.
Whereas with Q_UNREACHABLE you get literally undefined behaviour as the compiler will optimise this out the jump map.

(not that it really matters...it is unreachable)

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)