D25149: Add a new template for KCMs

Kevin Ottens noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 12 08:40:24 GMT 2019

ervin requested changes to this revision.
ervin added inline comments.

> %{APPNAMELC}settings.kcfg:8
> +  <group name="ExampleConfigGroup">
> +    <entry name="exampleSetting" type="String">
> +      <label>The Exam</label>

Now that I think about it, what about using both key and name here? To have a nice property name and a "stranger" storage key?
Most people seem to miss that feature somehow, that'd make it more obvious.

> Messages.sh:3
> +$EXTRACTRC `find . -name "*.ui"` >> rc.cpp || exit 11
> +$XGETTEXT `find . -name "*.cpp"` -o $podir/kcm5_%{APPNAMELC}.pot
> +rm -f rc.cpp

I'm talking mostly out of ignorance here, but shouldn't that harvest also the qml files somehow?

> kcm.cpp:30
> +
> +%{APPNAME}::%{APPNAME}(QObject* parent, const QVariantList& args)
> +    : KQuickAddons::ManagedConfigModule(parent, args)

Ditto

> kcm.cpp:36
> +
> +    KAboutData* about = new KAboutData(
> +    QStringLiteral("kcm_%{APPNAMELC}"), i18n("%{APPNAME} Configuration Module"),

Ditto

Beside that could use auto

> kcm.h:32
> +public:
> +    %{APPNAME}(QObject* parent, const QVariantList& args);
> +    virtual ~%{APPNAME}() override;

Nitpick: space should be before * and & not after.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)