D23682: Make use of KPluginMetaData where we can

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 11 14:49:31 GMT 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  Also some nitpicks on the style... remember that API dox tool and compiler both need all data duplicated sadly, both deprecated-at version and what-to-do-instead.

  Please also compare https://community.kde.org/Policies/Library_Code_Policy#Deprecation_of_API and improve where needed,

INLINE COMMENTS

> containmentactions.h:73
> +     *
> +     * @deprecated use metadata
> +     */

Also add Since note to deprecation, for people reading the generated API dox.
So:

  @deprecated Since 5.66, use metadata()

> containmentactions.h:75
> +     */
> +    PLASMA_DEPRECATED_VERSION(5, 64, "use metadata()") KPluginInfo pluginInfo() const;
> +#endif

Also recommended: put PLASMA_DEPRECATED_VERSION onto own line, makes parsing the code more easy

  PLASMA_DEPRECATED_VERSION(5, 64, "use metadata()")
  KPluginInfo pluginInfo() const;

> dataengine.h:77
> +     *
> +     * @deprecated since 5.64
>       **/

For people reading the generated API dox, we need to duplicate the recommendation what to do:

  @deprecated Since 5.66, use xyz

> dataengine.h:79
>       **/
> -    explicit DataEngine(const KPluginInfo &plugin, QObject *parent = nullptr);
> +    PLASMA_DEPRECATED_VERSION(5, 64, "Use KPluginMetaData") explicit DataEngine(const KPluginInfo &plugin, QObject *parent = nullptr);
> +#endif

own line again recommended

> dataengine.h:118
> +     */
> +    PLASMA_DEPRECATED_VERSION(5, 64, "Use metadata()") KPluginInfo pluginInfo() const;
> +#endif

own line

> dataenginescript.h:113
>
>      /**
> +     * @return the KPluginInfo associated with this dataengine

No visibility wrappers here? (#if PLASMA_ENABLE_DEPRECATED_SINCE(5, 66))

> dataenginescript.h:116
> +     *
> +     * @deprecated use metadata()
>       */

@deprecated Since 5.66, use metadata()

> theme.h:326
> +     */
> +    PLASMA_DEPRECATED_VERSION(5, 64, "Use KPluginMetaData metadata()") KPluginInfo pluginInfo() const;
> +#endif

own line

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)