D22510: Added dialog to set execute permission for executable file when trying to run it.

Marcin DÅ‚ubakowski noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Aug 29 12:25:12 BST 2019

mdlubakowski marked 4 inline comments as done.
mdlubakowski added a comment.

  First of all, sorry for the mess I made here with Arcanist. My SSD died recently and I lost original repository with those changes, so I used `arc patch` to pull it back, updated the code and pushed here with `arc diff --update`. I'm not sure if it affects anything though, I tested on fresh repository and it can be patched with this revision without problem.
  In response to the feedback, I ditched my original dialog - it is now shared with that from `makeServiceExecutable` helper function (the one that shows for .desktop files), and its code is moved to `showUntrustedProgramWarning` method. Code for setting executable bit is also moved, from `makeFileExecutable` to `setExecuteBit`.
  Desktop and script files also show another type of dialog, one which ask user whether to open or execute the file, but I decided not to use it here with executables since I don't think anyone needs to open executables with external programs.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dfaure wrote in krun.cpp:1105
> This can be removed now that isExecutableFile returns true for desktop files.

isExecutableFile will return false if the file doesn't have +x bit, which will result in prompt not being show, so I dont think this should be removed.

> dfaure wrote in krun.cpp:1389
> is *an* executable
>
> (otherwise this sentence is very confusing)

This line is now removed

> dfaure wrote in krun.cpp:1390
> What happens for desktop files? Won't this go into this code, before going into the existing code to make desktop files executable?

Moved all the code to KRun::runUrl instead, so it doesnt intercept anything

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO