Re: Aw: BluezQt GATT client API

Иван Подкурков podkiva at mail.ru
Mon Aug 26 08:26:18 BST 2019

Hi,

Thanks a lot for response,

However, Qt also provides a BluettothLE API which should work just fine (in client mode).

That is very true, but it looks that they don't have any control over pairing process - there are no API to provide "custom Agent" to it (there are in BluezQt though). It might be that I have missed something in their API but so far I haven't saw a way to do that, while I require some custom pairing procedure to be implemented. I asked  question about this on Qt Forum, but haven't got any sensible answer.

the GATT client API is not fully implemented (nor tested). Unfortunately, i do not plan to implement this soon.
Ok, I see. So, I ended up modifying BluezQt sources with that functionality, adding my own classes for reading/writing/notifying GATT Characteristics (called those GattServiceRemote and GattCharacteristicRemote for now). I have done it a while ago (~8-12 months), and on this week I merged updates from BluezQt main repo (at least it compiles).

I am wondering if it is possible to make those modifications to the main repo? I am not really experiences with how exactly open source development works and whether I can push some changes at all, besides it is highly probably requires reviewing, although I tried to follow the code style as much as I could.

Please let me know if I can contribute, and I would appreciate any hints on where to start,
Best Regards,
Ivan Podkurkov