D23381: Allow splitting lists using ;

Aleix Pol Gonzalez noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 23 18:01:54 BST 2019

apol created this revision.
apol added a reviewer: Frameworks.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
apol requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This is what the standard says is the separator:
  The multiple values should be separated by a semicolon and the value of the key may be optionally terminated by a semicolon. Trailing empty strings must always be terminated with a semicolon. Semicolons in these values need to be escaped using \;.
  https://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html

TEST PLAN
  Running: ktraderclient5 --servicetype Application --constraint "exist Exec and (exist [X-Flatpak-RenamedFrom] and 'telegramdesktop.desktop' in [X-Flatpak-RenamedFrom])"
  So far it was failing because flatpak generates these lists terminated with ;, so we were getting something like { "blah.desktop;" } instead of { "blah.desktop" }

  Actually the fact that we are using , instead of ; has made that most of our desktop files use the wrong separator.
  Tests pass but there's the possibility that some string lists that used to have ; now will get doubly split.

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig

BRANCH
  master