D23372: Add operator |= for Query Terms

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 23 10:16:55 BST 2019

meven added a comment.

  In D23372#517378 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23372#517378>, @ivan wrote:

  > This is something I did have initally in kastats, it was killed because while this is tempting
  >
  >   query |= Type(types);
  >

  > it ruins the idea of the chaning API because it can not be used like this:
  >
  >   query |= Type(types) | OtherTerm(...);
  >

  > In order for this to work properly, we'd need to use expression templates which would make the library significanly more complex.

  I see, I am not sure to want to go that way.

  Chaining would still be possible simply with another form:
  query = query | Type(types) | OtherTerm(...);

  > I don't think it is worth it.

  I would be ok to abandon this, this was motived by :
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D22144#inline-131974
  Do you see a problem, or should we consider it as fine ?

REPOSITORY
  R159 KActivities Statistics