D23103: Add decibel power units (dBW and multiples)

Ismael Asensio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 14 14:47:40 BST 2019

iasensio marked an inline comment as done.
iasensio added a comment.

  Well, in my field of work (telephony, radar and radio signal transmission) it makes totally sense (altought Terawatts would be major words 😄). It is a non trivial conversion that we make quite frequently.

  If the question is between dBm and dBW as a common unit, I would go for dBm with no doubt. In my experience dBm is widely more used that its counterpart dBW. Also, as a quick and dirty comparison, one can check the difference in length and quality of those two articles: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DBm and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decibel_watt.

  If it is wether decibel power units are common globally, I would say (knowing that I have a field bias) that at least as important as horsepower on a different field.
  Of course, I will gently (and happily) accept your decision. Just wanted to provide some context.

REPOSITORY
  R292 KUnitConversion