D22979: Security: remove support for $(...) in config keys with [$e] marker.

Matthew Dawson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 7 03:14:21 BST 2019

mdawson added a comment.

  LGTM.  Regarding the test, if we want to get this change in asap due to the security focus I can submit a follow up patch re-adding it.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kconfigtest.cpp:530
>              << "URL[$e]=file://${HOME}/foo" << endl
> -            << "hostname[$e]=$(hostname)" << endl
>              << "escapes=aaa,bb/b,ccc\\,ccc" << endl

Instead of removing this test, can it instead be switched to verify the command execution does not occur?

> options.md:78
>
> -Note that the application will replace `$USER` and `$(hostname)` with their
> +Note that the application will replace `$USER` with their
>  respective expanded values after saving. To prevent this combine the `$e` option

Grammar suggestion: Note that the application will replace `$USER` with its expanded values after saving.

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig

BRANCH
  security_kill_popen