D20766: Use appropriate background color for text previews

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 23 15:20:35 BST 2019

vkrause added subscribers: cullmann, dhaumann.
vkrause added a comment.

  @dhaumann @cullmann  ^ this sounds like we are making the assumption that the current system color theme from the palette matches the syntax highlighting theme, ie. the palette provided text color is compatible with the selected theme. That's probably true in the common editor case, but it seems to be an issue here. Should the syntax highlighting themes always have a hardcoded text color? Doesn't seem entirely clean either, as following the system color makes sense for different color schemes with the same "lightness"/"darkness". Or should we try to detect insufficient contrast between foreground and background, and use an alternate color in that case?