D20766: Use appropriate background color for text previews

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Apr 23 14:42:55 BST 2019

kossebau requested changes to this revision.
kossebau added a subscriber: vkrause.
kossebau added a comment.

  For one, I cannot reproduce the bug. With all the dark UI color themes I tested, I always had proper contrasted dark text colors in the plain text thumbnail.

  Then, whatever people prefer how the thing should be rendered, the current patch proposed though does not go well along the current codebase where it asks KSyntaxHighlighting for a theme:

    const auto highlightingTheme = m_highlightingRepository.defaultTheme(KSyntaxHighlighting::Repository::LightTheme);

  "LightTheme: Theme with a light background color. " (see API dox <https://api.kde.org/frameworks/syntax-highlighting/html/classKSyntaxHighlighting_1_1Repository.html#a161c1169ab66c710ba42083f21a4e175a9e24914c2855374b436693b648797edd>

  @vkrause What would you recommend us to do here, in case people want previews matching the current UI theme? For the other case, how could it happen that "LightTheme" seems to give some people bright highlight colors for the people affected?