D20158: Allow to set urgency for notifications

Volker Krause noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 18 07:47:27 BST 2019

vkrause added a comment.

  In D20158#452099 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20158#452099>, @broulik wrote:

  > @vkrause I just noticed xdg portal notification spec (the ones used for sandboxed flatpak apps) has four urgency levels: low, normal, *high*, critical.
  >  Do you think it would be useful to add `HighUrgency`, too? For Android, maybe? For freedesktop Notifications we could just map High to Normal then (like Gnome does it).
  >  It's not released yet, we can still meddle the enums for another few weeks :)

  Yep, Urgent/High/Normal/Low would indeed match Android perfectly. Adding more enum values also should be possible later without breaking compatibility, unless we assume them to be in the right order anywhere. If we need them ordered, maybe explicitly assign them values to leave some space between them?

REPOSITORY
  R289 KNotifications