D20284: Fix l/100 km to MPG conversion

Michal MalĂ˝ noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Apr 14 15:18:50 BST 2019

madcatx marked 2 inline comments as done.
madcatx added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> aacid wrote in fuel_efficiency.cpp:36
> I understand what you mean here, but i don't think that reciprocal is the word that describes this (are you a native speaker? if so maybe it's juts that my english is bad :D)
>
> Oh, it's actually called reciprocal number too, i think here we use the inverse naming for it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplicative_inverse
>
> Maybe naming it "m_isReciprocaltoDefaultUnit" would make it understand? i.e. makes it clear that that value is in relation to the default unit?

Direct translation from my native language would be "inverse" too, although somehow I prefer the word "reciprocal" as it feels less ambiguous. (People may perceive "inversion" in multiple ways but "reciprocity" has a pretty solid definition as far as math goes... IMHO :) )

Regardless, I changed the name and added an explanatory comment.

REPOSITORY
  R292 KUnitConversion