D20166: Keep desktoptheme SVG files uncompressed in repo, install (stripped) svgz

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 1 21:40:07 BST 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  In D20166#441854 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20166#441854>, @ndavis wrote:

  > In D20166#441807 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20166#441807>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > Strictly speaking, there's no need to optimize the SVGs as a part of this, so maybe, yeah, let's split that out into a separate feature (and one that the Breeze Icons repo would ultimately be interested in as well).
  >

  > Yes. Ideally, designers should optimize their work before it is landed or at least not submit an SVG with tons of metadata.

  IMHO the SVG files in the repo may contain comments and metadatas, for further work on them. Like source code also has all the oomments and metadata.
  Only the deployed graphics resource should then be limited and optimized for what is needed at runtime.

  At least I had dealt with quite some "final rendered" SVG files I would have liked to modify for some needs, but could hardly as the base resources where not available (and if it was only guides & Co.).

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)