D20166: Keep desktoptheme SVG files uncompressed in repo, install (stripped) svgz

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 1 19:35:02 BST 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  In D20166#441733 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20166#441733>, @GB_2 wrote:

  > In D20166#441715 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20166#441715>, @ndavis wrote:
  >
  > > Be careful that you are not stripping stylesheets when you use SVG Cleaner. `scour` is less effective than SVG Cleaner, but it doesn't strip stylesheets and it's available in more distros.
  >

  > Yes, see https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Icon_Workflow_Tips#SVG_optimization

  Aha, thanks for the pointer, had not yet seen that wiki page. Indeed I now see that svgcleaner loses the styles, that's a blocker then. I knew I should set the default of stripping to OFF, as I was not yet sure how to test the equality of the results, besides superficial visual comparisons. scour broke more in my eyes on first tests, so I had not continued that, also was I not sure about the dependencies this pulls in (e..g for packagers). Guess I should add another option which stripping tool to use? :P
  Or rather remove the stripping from this patch again for now, until we have one tool which reliably works for our needs.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)