D20166: Keep desktoptheme SVG files uncompressed in repo, install (stripped) svgz

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 1 17:44:04 BST 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  In D20166#441653 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20166#441653>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Strong +1 on the idea. Shouldn't we put these `Find<thing>.cmake` files in ECM though? The Breeze icons repo could definitely benefit from `FindSVGCleaner` to automatically post-process the SVGs for example.

  Agreed. Though being cautious by nature, I wanted to first see how this works out for the Plasma themes, before applying the same for the Breeze icons & any other SVG resources. Compare also the comment added in src/desktoptheme/CMakeLists.txt:

    # Helper function, private for now
    # Once it has matured and proven, add to public macros

  So not being an urgent fix, I would have waited at least 2-3 KF releases, before pushing this further onto the stack and silblings. But that's just me, if majority already wants this now, would do the needed bits.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)