D15859: allow non-local file:// redirect to a M$-WebDav URL

Martin Koller noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Sep 30 16:21:08 BST 2018

mkoller created this revision.
mkoller added a reviewer: dfaure.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
mkoller requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  In our mainly windows company environment, I often receive links in emails like this
  file://some.server/DavWWWRoot/pwa/some/path/to/a/document

  The files are served by a Sharepoint server, and M$ introduced the special "DavWWWRoot" prefix to notify
  then WebDav shall be used.

  See https://www.webdavsystem.com/server/access/windows

  With this patch I can now nicely click such an URL and get the same as colleagues using win get

TEST PLAN
  Using kioclient5 exec URL and clicking such an URL in kmail

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

AFFECTED FILES
  file.cpp