D15718: Do not index the path if the path has no execute permissions.

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 25 17:29:57 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  So the goal is to be able to turn off indexing for certain files?

  Baloo already has a global toggle to stop indexing anything, and you can also add folders to the exclude lists.

  But stepping back even farther: //why// do we want to turn off indexing for certain files? Is it because they might be dangerous? If that's the case, then we should work on sandboxing the file extractor, not break the functionality. We never intentionally break our software because it might be dangerous; we fix the danger, or offer a warning. Our users are adults and prefer to be treated as such.

  Perhaps we should get some more eyes on D8532: [WIP] Restrict file extractor with Seccomp <https://phabricator.kde.org/D8532>.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo