D11880: Add firewalld icons

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 20 08:45:06 BST 2018

ndavis added a comment.

  https://developer.gnome.org/icon-naming-spec/

  > | security-high   | The icon used to indicate that the security level of a connection is known to be secure, using strong encryption and a valid certificate.                                                                                                           |
  > | security-medium | The icon used to indicate that the security level of a connection is presumed to be secure, using strong encryption, and a certificate that could not be automatically verified, but which the user has chosen to trust.                            |
  > | security-low    | The icon used to indicate that the security level of a connection is presumed to be insecure, either by using weak encryption, or by using a certificate that the could not be automatically verified, and which the user has not chosent to trust. |

  Based on this information, I have decided to redo the firewall-applet icons because the original meaning of the security-* icons does not match what I am reusing them for. Instead, the firewall-applet icons will look like brick walls.

  In D11880#328634 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11880#328634>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D11880#328630 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11880#328630>, @ndavis wrote:
  >
  > > Panic mode in FirewallD is not worse than Error. Panic mode is enabled by the user. It is something that the user enables when they need to stop all network traffic to the system.
  >

  > Oh! In that case, I would say it should look extra secure somehow. Rather than using the orange warning color and iconography, maybe figure out a way to make it look even stronger than normal. Maybe a giant lock? Just throwing out ideas.

  Thanks. Not sure how I could make a big lock work with the new design, but I'll consider putting one in the lower right corner, similar to other 16 and 22 px breeze icons.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons