Quality of Frameworks announcements

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Sun Sep 16 22:21:12 BST 2018

Hi,

indeed I agree that the log messages should be better. Maybe blogging about
how to write good log messages can already help.

Besides that, there is a simple reason for this kind of messages appeared:
we did big changes by replacing the entire highlighting implementation in
KTextEditor by the KSyntaxHighlighting framework. This is what matters for
the changelog. We even did the entire switch in a branch. But for big
changes there are also regressions. So at the end of the day, we tried to
fix the regressions as fast as possible to get things back to normal. All
these changes are completely irrelevant for the changelog... But it's also
not feasible to always write GIT_SILENT.

Simple solution: if you do not understand an entry, noone will. Leave it
out in your translation.

PS: I don't think that we have a real issue here. After all many changes
still imply that a lot of work has been done (most of the time), so there
is still some information in it.

Greetings
Dominik